- 1 egg
- 11⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 1⁄16 teaspoon salt
- 21⁄2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
Baked in: 2-cup ramekin or other straight-sided microwave-safe bowl
- In small bowl or cup, briefly beat egg until almost uniform in color.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Spray 2-cup ramekin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour batter into ramekin and tap base to level batter.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Cake will rise and then settle a little during baking.
- Gently remove from dish and cool. Ice as desired.
Makes about 2 servings.